(Click here for the 2013 Working Naked Day post)
Happy 2nd annual Working Naked Day! Today is the perfect day for those of us who work from home to celebrate the freedom we have to set our own hours, follow our own rules and live a life that doesn’t include reporting to a corporate job each day.
As part of today’s celebration, you can strip down and work in your birthday suit, or stay in your pajamas. Although when you’re working from home you don’t need a holiday or permission to do that.
Need a few ideas for celebrating Working Naked Day?
- Skype with a friend who is working in a cubicle all day while you’re working on your sofa, bed or in your home office. Let them know how comfy you are at home.
- Blog, brag and tweet about the freedom you have to work from home. Who needs a commute when you can go to work in less than 10 seconds?
- Take your laptop to the park, beach or a nearby coffee shop (especially if you’re surrounded by snow, not sun) and get inspired. Working somewhere other than in your home office can get your creative juices flowing.
- Take advantage of your flexible schedule. Take the morning off and do something special like meet a friend for coffee, catch an early movie or work out later in the morning when the gym is less crowded.
- Convince your boss to let you work from home. The company will save money on rent and you’ll save money on gas, wear and tear on your car and dry cleaning bills.
Consider taking today off to truly celebrate the choice you’ve made to leave the corporate world behind. And if you’re not already Working Naked, today’s the perfect day to strip away your inhibitions and start your own home-based business. That’s the naked truth.
How are you going to celebrate Working Naked Day?